Welcome to our page about assessment....
At St Peter’s CE Primary School we believe
The aim of assessment in our school is to:
that effective assessment provides
information to improve teaching and
· enable our children to show what they know, understand and can do in their work;
· help our children recognise the standards to aim for, and to understand what they need to do next to improve their work;
· provide our children with honest feedback in a sensitive way;
· allow teachers to plan work that accurately reflects the needs of each child;
· provide regular, understandable information for parents that enables them to support their child's learning;
· provide the Head Teacher, School Leadership and Governors with clear and understandable information that allows them to make judgements about the effectiveness of the school.
Please click on the documents below to find out more about assessment
in our school.....