The children were a credit to the school during their visit to the Birmingham Art and History Museum in the city centre.
During the day they took part in an interactive session on Mummification. They learnt about:
- Why the Egyptian's mummified their bodies.
- How the Egyptian's mummified their bodies.
- Which organs were removed from the body and stored in canopic jars.
- What happened to the brain.
- Which Gods and Goddesses were important in deciding if the body would be accepted into the afterlife.
Please see the photos below to see the children enjoying the session.