The children were a credit to the school during their visit to the Birmingham Art and History Museum in the city centre.
During the day they took part in 3 interactive sessions on:
Workshop 1: Mummification
- Why and how the Egyptian's mummified their bodies.
- Which organs were removed from the body and stored in canopic jars.
- What happened to the brain.
- Which Gods and Goddesses were important in deciding if the body would be accepted into the afterlife.
Workshop 2: Ancient Egyptian Artefacts
- Handle genuine Ancient Egyptian artefacts which are over 3,000 years old
- Use photography to document them
- Learn about how museums handle and care for such ancient objects
Workshop 3:Museum Gallery Treasure Hunt and Amulet Art
- Be a historical detective and find the Egyptian artefacts
- Understand more about amulets and make an amulet necklace.
Please see below for photos on the day.