• Autumn Term- Pharaohs
• Spring Term- I am Warrior (Romans) & Burps, Bottoms and Bile (Digestion)
• Summer Term – Road Trip USA & Potions (Solids, Liquids and Gases)
This term our topic will be:
Road Trip USA
We will be looking at the United States of America. This foundation topic has a strong history and geography focus as well as delving into art, music and much more. Over this half term, we will learn about:
The Lost Happy Endings by Carol Ann Duffy & Jane Ray
This term's unit of work will be based on the book 'The Lost Happy Endings'. As part of this work, children will write:
Children will also cover various SPAG (spelling punctuation and grammar) and reading objectives as part of this work.
- Weekly spelling
- ERIC - Daily reading sessions in class (please ensure that your child has their reading book/diary with them each day).
- Handwriting - Develop a fluent joined handwriting style.
In Year 4, we will continue to use the White Rose Maths strategy to develop children's mathematical understanding.
Additionally, children will regularly practise their times table knowledge, working towards immediate recall of all multiplication and division facts up to 12 times table.
This half term:
· Children will build upon their knowledge of decimals including:
· Children will then move onto dealing with money and time before then working on geometry, which includes studying the properties of shapes and then position and direction.
(Please see Maths Curriculum Page for more information on the Year 4 Programme of Study)
The pupils will be set regular challenges on the Manga High and Active Learn websites. The challenges help the children to practise and consolidate maths concepts, which are being covered during lessons.
Potions (Solids, Liquids and Gases)
Later this term, we will be starting our Potions unit in science, looking at the states of matter of the everyday objects around us and more. The children will also be learning:
· To identify the key features of gases, solids and liquids.
· To sort objects into different states of matter.
· How and why different materials, elements and objects change from one state to another, e.g. ice to water to steam.
· The water cycle.
We will first be continuing our science topic:
As part of this topic, children will be taught to:
This term, our history work will be based upon our Road Trip USA topic.
The children will:
· Learn about the ins and out of New York and its history.
· Learn a brief history of the USA.
Geography will also link to our Road Trip USA topic.
The children will use compassing and navigation skills to 'travel' across the States.
The children will be making Native American totem poles, painting dream catchers and weaving Native American designs.
In RE lessons this half term, we will be focusing on our Salvation unit of work in the build up to Easter. We will be exploring the question 'For Christians, what was the impact of Pentacost?'
4G - Athletics (Monday PM)
4T - Athletics (Thursday PM)
We've swapped days!
French lessons will include:
Revision of numbers
Days of the week/Months of the year.
May 6th - Bank Holiday (school closed)
May 27th - Half Term
June 13th - 4G class assembly
June 20th - 4T class assembly
July 19th - last day of school